Writing Personal Note
Six Steps to Writing a Great Personal NoteIf you've ever struggled to write a meaningful, effective personal note to someone (and who hasn't?), authors Angela Ensminger and Keely Chace have the solution for you. They have outlined the key steps in putting together that perfect note for someone - regardless of the situation. These steps are detailed in their book, "Note-Worthy: a guide to writing great personal notes."
Ensminger and Chace describe six steps that will walk you through writing a personal note, whether it's for a friend, business associate or customer.
- One: Greet the recipient - one line that lets the recipient know the note was written just for him or her.
- Two: Clearly state why you are writing - simple and straigtforward reason for the note
Elaborate on why you are writing
- let your personality shine through to make your note distinguishable
- Four: Build the relationship - let the recipient know you appreciate the relationship now and into the future
- Six: Give your regards - tone can vary from business to personal