english

english

Introducing Others




My Best Friend
Ihave many friends but Vishmika is the one I like most. We have nown each other since we were in grade six. He is a tall and fair boy with urly hair. He is known to be cheerful, friendly and hardworking.
Vishmika is kind-hearted and is always willing to help others. Most of the time he helps me with Mathematics and Science.Vishmika is an avid reader and an interesting story-teller and his ambition is to become a writer. As he is very creative, I think he can become a good writer one day. He is usuallypunctual, but sometimes he is a little absent minded. As he is a good friend, I always enjoy his company. I wish him all the best.



The following video will show you an encounter of three people who introduce themselves to one another. Watch it and try to repeat the sentences in the second part.
At formal encounters, for example among business associates, you usually address someone with Mr. or Mrs./Ms., but when you introduce yourself, you normally leave out the titles. So you don't say "Hello, I am Mr. Smith." but "Hello, I am Marc Smith.". The doctor's degree can be used if you want to keep the relationship very official. You would then introduce yourself as "Dr. Tom Maier" for example. If you place no great value on titles, you can break the ice by saying "Oh, please call me Tom".

Here are expressions to introduce yourself:
  • My name is ...
  • I'm ....
  • Nice to meet you; I'm ...
  • Pleased to meet you; I'm ...
  • Let me introduce myself; I'm ...
  • I'd like to introduce myself; I'm ...
  •  
  •  
Introducing others:
Here are expressions to introduce others:
  • Jack, please meet Nicolas.
  • Jack, have you met Nicolas?
  • I'd like you to meet Liza.
  • I'd like to introduce you to Betty.
  • Leila, this is Barbara. Barbara this is Leila. 
  •  
Useful responses when introducing yourself or other people:
  • Nice to meet you.
  • Pleased to meet you.
  • Happy to meet you.
  • How do you do?
 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.